How To Unzip Files
Many of our downloads come to you in a zipped folder. If you’re not sure how to unzip it, don’t worry. It’s super easy! Here’s how:
While it is possible to see the content of a zip file by double-clicking on it on Windows, you still need to extract the files to use it. The Windows default support for .zip goes by the name of Compressed (zipped) folders and here’s how to use it:
- Right-click the file that you want to decompress and choose Extract All.
- Choose the directory where you want to keep the extracted files and click Extract. It is optional to check the box underneath if you need to see the content immediately after the extraction is done.
- The files that were inside the .zip now can be found in the location you picked in step two.
Archive Utility is Mac’s built-in tool that handles the .zip format. To unzip a file, follow these steps:
- Double-click on the file you want to unzip.
- Once extracted, the file will appear in the same folder as its archive.